Tuesday, September 2, 2008

zucchini bread!


Zucchini bread is my favorite sweet bread. This recipe was a big hit for Frank's family so I hope you guys can enjoy it if you don't have a zucchini bread recipe of your own. Enjoy!


3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans


1. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F .
2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
4. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.


I had to bake mine longer but my oven is might have just been our oven because it is pretty old!


PS, I have no idea how to post under my own name. I created a blog under Frank and my name but am pretty new to this whole blogger thing. If anyone can give me some pointers I would greatly appreciate it!!


luv, Karen

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Hi Karen! So glad to see your recipe. It looks YUMMY! I haven't had zucchini bread in a long time and didn't have my own recipe, so now I do!

Marsha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.