Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cauliflower Soup


My friend just down the street, Crystal, gave me this recipe the other day. I made it tonight and it was delicious so I had to put it on here. It was so creamy and cheesy and not difficult to make. We ate it with the Peasant Bread Jen told us about -- the Peasant Bread was a great bread to go with soup. Here's the soup recipe:


Cauliflower Soup

2 heads of cauliflower
1 C finely diced onion
1 qt half 'n' half
2 C chicken broth
1 lb. velveeta cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cube butter
8 Tbsp flour
2 C cauliflower water

Cook cauliflower and drain (reserving 2 cups of the water) then set aside. Saute onion and butter, whisk in flour. Add water and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add half 'n' half, salt and cheese. Mix until well-blended, then add cauliflower back in. Simmer until heated through (about 5 minutes.)



1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm going to try peasant bread on Friday, I think.