Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pecan Honey Butter


This recipe is in the Payne cookbook (on pg. 1, and its Amy's, not mine), but in case you haven't tried it, I thought I would tell you how good it is! I hadn't made it in a while until tonight. Its so yummy on warm bread fresh from the oven (I made the Blitz Bread again - without the herbs again.)



Pecan Honey Butter

1/2 C. well-chilled unsalted butter, cut in 4 pieces
1/4 C. honey
1/3 C. pecans, toasted

Toast pecans in oven on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees (get them nice and toasted, but not burned.) Blend everything in the blender until smooth. Serve at room temperature on rolls, toast, or any bread.

1 comment:

Amy said...

This is especially good on Rhodes dinner rolls. I gave jars of this stuff as my Christmas treats last year with rolls. It's yummy on toast, too.