Thursday, September 11, 2008

SO Simple Pizza!


Ok guys fair warning, this is almost as easy as cold cereal for dinner, nothin fancy! Most of you have probably even had it but it's new to me. And if you haven't made these you should because they are SO easy, yummy and can be pretty healthy, or not, whatever you prefer!


Tortillas (White or whole wheat work)

Pizza sauce (I made my own tonight because we didn't have any)

Cheese (I used Monterrey jack but of course mozzarella is best)

Toppings (I had onions and bell peppers so that's what I used this time)


You just put tortillas on a cookie sheet, spread with pizza sauce, cheese then your toppings. I put ours in the oven at 400 degrees until the cheese was bubbly and the edges were crisp.

(I've never made them this way but I'll bet it would be good to make a BBQ chicken pizza this way too!)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Great idea, Karen. We've never had pizza on tortillas before. My kids love pizza and crust isn't the most healthy. This looks simple, healthy, and delicious!!!

jen k. said...

We like to make this same thing only we use the whole wheat pitas that you get in the bread aisle at the grocery store. We slice them open so that it makes a thinner crust. They are super healthy! I'll have to try them on tortillas.