Friday, September 26, 2008

Green Enchiladas

These are so yummy! They come together easily, especially if you already have your chicken cooked and cubed. Now, before you look at the pictures, let me explain...it's not a pretty dish! But I promise you, they are DELISH! This recipe comes from Shara's friend Fabiola, who is from Mexico City, so it's authentic!!
This is the mexican cream. I find it by the diced chilies, jalapenos, etc...in the Mexican isle!






Green Enchiladas


10-15 tomatillos
1-2 jalapenos (or more depending on if you like HOT or not)
12 corn tortillas
garlic
cilantro
Mexican Cream--Nestle Crema
Queso Fresco (Fresh Cheese, if you can't find it you can use mozzarella. I bought mine at Wal-Mart by the cream cheese)
refried beans
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts...cooked and cubed

Boil Tomatillos with jalapenos for about 10-15 minutes.

Sauce: Blend tomatillos, peppers cilantro, garlic, and salt. Add cream and mix again

Wrap corn tortillas in a cloth and put 6 in microwave for 1 minute or until soft.
Spray a 9x13 pan. Lay 6 tortillas in bottom of pan. Spread 1/2 of refried beans on top, sprinkle 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 of the sauce, and 1/2 of the cheese. Repeat layers.

Cover with aluminum foil and cook at 350 for 25 minutes.

Tip: Have everything ready before you make the sauce. If you make it to early, it will go a little funny just sitting there.

These are seriously so delicious! If my little sister Jessica likes them, they have to be good!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I can't believe how good these sound. I've made a tomatillo sauce before, but it was too complicated to make on a regular basis. I think I'll try this one.