Monday, September 22, 2008

Maple Glazed Ribs

The picture isn't that great but these are soooo good! I was a little worried at first because when you cook the sauce it smells really strong. But by the time your done cooking them it's not strong at all.

Pork Spareribs (I used the boneless kind)
1 c. maple syrup (I used homemade syrup, so I don't know if store bought would taste different)
3 TBS. orange juice concentrate
3 TBS. ketchup
2 TBS. soy sauce
1 TBS. Dijon mustard
1 TBS. Worcestershire sauce (I had no idea that this is made with anchovies, but if you look on the ingredients it's made with them, weird)
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 onion, minced

In a large skillet, brown ribs in a little bit of oil then add 2 c. water and bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer for 1 and 1/2 hours. Meanwhile, combine the other ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 15 min. stirring occansionally. After the ribs are done drain the water then add the sauce and cover and simmer for 30 min.

5 comments:

Amy said...

OK, so I have never made ribs before and this is your second ribs posting. What's the trick to buying ribs and cooking them? I am going to check my bottle of worchestershire to see. Weird.

Tawnya said...

That looks so yummy! I am going to try it. We love ribs over here!

The Valentine Fam said...

That looks dang good. I just used my back of ribs the other day. Time to buy more and give this a try.

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

This looks so good, I have a ton of ribs in my freezer, I'm going to have to make this. Okay, and I salivated both times I looked at this post because of those potatoes. I LOVE potatoes like that!

Marsha said...

Amanda -- how are your potatoes cooked?