Wednesday, September 17, 2008

BBQ Pork and Coleslaw Sandwiches


My friend Mindy told me about this recipe a few weeks ago, and I just got around to trying them tonight. We loved them! I never would have thought of putting coleslaw on my sandwich, but it was great. I cooked a pork roast in the crockpot on high one hour, and on low the rest of the day with BBQ sauce (I just dumped a bottle of it in, I don't think it matters how much because you can always put more on your sandwich later.) Alli's coming over in a while to eat one, so we'll see if she agrees!


I love Grandma's coleslaw recipe because it is so juicy and the juice in it is thin.


Grandma’s Famous Coleslaw

4 C. cabbage, finely chopped
1/8 C. carrot, shredded
¼ tsp. salt
1/6 C. sugar
1/8 C. milk
¼ C. mayonnaise
1/8 C. buttermilk
¾ Tbsp white vinegar
1 ¼ Tbsp. lemon juice
1/16 tsp pepper

Combine sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar and juice. Beat until smooth. Add cabbage and carrot. Let flavors blend at least 2 hours. Makes 5 servings.

3 comments:

Diana said...

That looks really yummy. I love using my crockpot. It gives me so much extra time or feels like it does. I'll have to try the slaw recipe.

Allison said...

I tried them...very good! Good job Marsha! Even though I've been really good on Weight Watchers...I was tempted to ruin it all for a second sandwich!

Anonymous said...

mmm, grandma's colslaw is the only kind I'll eat! I'll have to team it up with your bbq, never tried that. Frank would love it though. When I was prego with Trey an your neighbor in Mesa I made that coleslaw with miracle whip by accident and it didn't set well at all! I haven't liked miracle whip since, funny how being pregnant can do that to you. But I still like that coleslaw made right!