Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chimichitos-no picture (sorry)

So first I have to report on things I've made. I tried Amanda's BBQ Beef Short Ribs last night. They were absolutely wonderful. I cheated and made them in the crockpot (can you do that? well I did!) I also made Blitz bread to go with them. It was yummy dipped in the BBQ sauce. I added the herbs and used 1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 white flour. And just for you, Marsha, I poked it with my ring finger first, then my pinky. Didn't ruin it. We loved it.

Also, I tried Marsha's chicken taco's on Sunday. They were a hit. Everyone liked them. We had leftover chicken meat and this brings me to this post! I used the chicken for my chimichitos. Here is how you make them:

Roll into a tortilla:
Meat (can use shredded beef, beef chunks, cooked chicken, or any meat)
optional refried beans
green chili
onion
shredded cheese

Place all burros onto a cookie sheet and brush lightly with oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 or 30 minutes (I don't really time them, I just watch them til done). Bake until crispy.

Serve fancy style with enchilada sauce, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, salsa, etc. etc. etc. My kids call this Casa Manana food, for any that know that Safford restaurant. You can even serve spanish rice and refried beans on the side. Aunt Jeanie's spanish rice recipe is yummy (it has bacon in it).

Or serve plain with just sour cream and salsa. We do this, too, for a fast dinner. It's a yummy way, too.

These are one of my favorite. Anyway, sorry this post is so random and long.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Next experiment--poking the dough with your big toe. Ok, that's gross.

Sounds like your family's been eating well - time for me to take another trip to visit you!