Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Just an Idea

This really isn't a recipe, but an idea for something different. I was at the grocery store this morning looking for some normal, boring ingredients (I have to make potatoes for a funeral tomorrow) when a packet of Thai Peanut Sauce Mix caught my eye. So I read the directions on back and it sounded easy enough. I just had to buy a can of coconut milk, rice noodles, and some vegetables (I bought frozen stir-fry veggies.) It calls for chicken, so I used canned chicken to keep it simple! Here's a picture of the packet, noodles (rice sticks), and coconut milk:
Here are the rice sticks/noodles after soaking in warm water for 30 - 45 minutes:
Here are the steps in case you're curious (for the specifics, buy a packet):
  1. Simmer the packet mix with the coconut milk for about 3 minutes.
  2. Stir-fry the vegetables and cooked chicken for about 3 minutes.
  3. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and chicken, add the noodles, and cook for just a few more minutes.

Jon REALLY liked it, and I liked it. It was a little bit sweet and a little bit spicy (I ate it and I'm really a wimp.) It was just fun to try something new--and it was easy to make.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is different! Way to break the mold Marsha!