Friday, October 24, 2008

Creamy Ranch Chicken


I got this recipe from http://www.stephanieskitchen.com/ I printed it a few months ago thinking it looked good and finally got around to trying it tonight. It was yummy! I found that it was too dry, so I quickly whipped up another batch of sauce (just the creamy part, not with more bacon and chicken, that would have taken too long) and it was way better. I may have used too many noodles? Anyway, Steve and the kids all loved it. And the best part was that it was so easy to make!

6 slices bacon
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces (I used a jar of the chicken I canned)
2 Tablespoons flour
2 Tablespoons ranch dry salad dressing mix
1 1/4 cups milk
3 cups dried medium noodles (I just used one package of egg noodles)
1 Tablespoon finely shredded Parmesan cheese (I forgot this part, it was still good)

1. Start your water for your pasta. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. Cut bacon into narrow strips. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels; discard all but 2 Tablespoons drippings. (I always cook my bacon in the oven, I hate frying bacon)
3. In the same skillet, cook chicken in reserved drippings until no longer pink, turning to brown evenly. I just basically warmed my chicken in the bacon grease since it was already cooked. Sprinkle flour and salad dressing mix over chicken; stir well to coat the chicken. Stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in bacon.
4. Servce the chicken over the noodles. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy.

The part I ended up making more of is the milk, flour, and ranch mix. I just whisked the flour and ranch into the milk and cooked until thick and poured it on.

No comments: