Friday, August 15, 2008

Yummy Yummy Oatmeal Pancakes By Amy



I got this recipe from my mother-in-law. She made them for us and they were so good I copied the recipe and have made them lots of times now. I have made them for Marsha, Cam, Jen, and my parents and they all loved them. (Yes, that's a large chunk of butter, but oh, well. I guess we love butter!)


I like this recipe because first it tastes great, but also because you can make a lot of mix and store it and use it later and quickly whip up a batch of pancakes.



Oatmeal Pancakes


Mix:

4 C. Old Fashioned Oats

2 C. all purpose flour

2 C. whole wheat flour

1 C. packed brown sugar

1 C. instant dry milk

3 Tbsp. baking powder

2 Tbsp. cinnamon 5 tsp. salt

½ tsp. cream of tartar


Mix all ingredients and store in air tight container or Ziploc bag in the freezer. Makes about 10 C. of pancake mix.


Pancakes:Beat 2 eggs, mix in 1/3 C. oil. Add 2 C. pancake mix and 1 C. water. Pour onto griddle and cook. Makes about 10 pancakes.

3 comments:

Marsha said...

Those pancakes were so good - almost worth visiting Amy again. Ha Ha. The oatmeal gives them a different texture than regular pancakes. Hurray for post #2 on the blog!

Amy said...

OK, so I don't know how to do the line spacing thing, someone will have to teach me.

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

I am so excited to try these. I love pancakes, I make the blender ones, but sometimes the wheat is still too crunchy!