Sunday, August 17, 2008

Crepes With Fruit and Whipped Creme



We had these this morning for breakfast. Yum, Yum. The kids snacked on the leftover crepes all day, just plain. I used fresh peaches, but you can use frozen fruit, too. Some people fill them with eggs, sausage, etc. I've never tried that, but it sounds good.



Crepes
by Amy

2 C. flour
4 eggs
1 C. milk
4 Tbsp. sugar
1 C. water
½ tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
1 tsp. vanilla (optional)

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt, butter, and vanilla; beat with mixer until smooth. Batter will be runny. Heat a lightly oiled round pan over medium heat. Pour or scoop batter onto the pan, using approximately ¼ C. for small pan, ½ C. for bigger pan. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter evenly coats the surface of the pan. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes or until the bottom is lightly browned. Loosen with spatula, flip and cook 2 minutes or until lightly browned on other side. Serve hot with fruit and whipped cream. Can serve with anything you wish. Leftovers may be frozen with waxed paper in between each crepe.

6 comments:

Marsha said...

I've only made crepes once and the recipe said to mix them in a blender. I'll have to add it to my growing list of things to make... maybe in the next life we get to eat all day!

Unknown said...

Marsha I'm glad you've joined the blogging world. It looks like a yummy site, I'm going to try some of the recipes. I hope all is going well. I will have to come visit you soon.

The Valentine Fam said...

We love crepe's. Although Jed thinks you have to eat at least a hundred to get full! I think I'm going to make some to snack on during the day...good idea.

Clouse Cousins Cookin said...

I've also had them with chocolate or vanilla pudding in them and cool whip.

No Buckaroos said...

Love crepes! They are also yummy with the buttermilk pancake syrup on them! (Lovin' the Cookin' Blog!)

priscilla joy said...

crepes for breakfast sound great! the crepes i had weren't that great at a resturant but i think homeade would be a ton better!