Sunday, August 17, 2008

Chicken Tacos -- So Easy!




(Hey - who is sloppy enough to use paper plates on a blog post??? Oh yeah, me!)


Alright, I know this picture is going to be BLAH compared to Katie's pork chops. Those looked great!

This is such a simple dinner idea - perfect for a day when you want to relax and not slave away in the kitchen. I've always seen the packets of chicken taco seasoning at the store, but never used them until today. I got the idea from Real Mom Kitchen and it was perfect for Sunday. I threw two things in the crockpot before church and then just had to do the toppings right before dinner.


Throw in the crockpot:
1 lb. chicken
1 packet Chicken Taco Seasoning
Cook 1 hr. on high, rest of the day on low. The end.

So then Jon had to show me up by making it fancier - he threw some tortillas into my non-stick pan, sprinkled salt on them, and cooked them until they were crunchy (no oil or cooking spray.) He also put cheese on the pan and fried it to the OUTSIDE of the tortilla making the cheese crispy, too.
Next time we'll need some guacamole and pico de gallo! Have a great new week everyone.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I am glad you liked them. I'll have to take a look around your blog.

Crystal said...

OH YUM! That looks divine. Thanks for sharing your blog with me:)

Amy said...

What a great idea, especially for a busy day or even better-Fast Sunday.

No Buckaroos said...

Never used chicken taco seasoning - I'll have to try it! They look yummy.