Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dorito Chicken




Ingredients:
Boneless, skinless, chicken (can be breasts or strips) thawed
Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing
Nacho Cheese Doritos

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Crush Doritos into crumbs.(The best way I've found is to put chips in a big Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush them) Pour crumbs onto a plate. Dip chicken into ranch dressing and shake off a little. Then dip chicken into crumbs, making sure to cover it completely. Put on a cookie sheet that is sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in oven until done. (Strips take about 15 min. and the breasts take about 30 min. ) Serve with a side of ranch or sour cream.


Cooking Hint:
Don't cook these in a glass baking dish, it doesn't work, they end up over done and black on the bottom.

6 comments:

Tawnya said...

I love Dorito Chicken! I didn't know the hint about not cooking them in a glass baking dish, no wonder why mine always burn!

Marsha said...

Yum! I've never heard of it, but I'm excited to try it! You can't go wrong with Nacho doritos and Ranch dressing.

The Valentine Fam said...

So glad you figured out how to post!! We love Dorito chicken... thanks for the tip on the glass dish. Our problem is that by the time I get around to making it, the chips have already been eaten! I think I'll make these this week.

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Oooh Yum! I think that'll go on my menu for next week!

Amy said...

Amanda,these look so good. I'm always grateful for new ways to make chicken. I'm going to try them for sure. And I was just telling Marsha that I hope other cousins post soon!

Amy said...

Amanda,these look so good. I'm always grateful for new ways to make chicken. I'm going to try them for sure. And I was just telling Marsha that I hope other cousins post soon!