Sunday, March 8, 2009

Microwave Chocolate Cake


I can't say this is a super-delicious chocolate cake, so why am I posting it? Because it is a kid-friendly recipe! My kids had a blast making this and they were so proud. I found this recipe somewhere on the internet and had to try it. It's hard letting my kids help me in the kitchen -- I try to be patient, but sometimes... Anyways, since this was a little cake for the kids I relaxed and let them take over (except for the egg, I couldn't bring myself to let them crack it). The first time we tried it one of my daughters had a friend over who was turning 4 that day, so they got to make a birthday cake. They were so excited they forgot to ask for frosting -- hooray!

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

4 Tbsp flour
4 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp baking cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbsp milk
3 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp sour cream (if you have any on hand--the original recipe didn't call for this, but I added it to make the cake a little more moist)
3 Tbsp chocolate chips (they all sunk to the bottom but were still tasty)

Add dry ingredients to a large mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil, mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes. Allow to cool for a little while, and then tip it out onto a plate. Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top if you want, or frost it.

No comments: