Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Delicious and Easy Monkey Bread




I had to put two pictures of this on just to show how juicy and yummy this turned out.




This is a different Monkey Bread than the one previously posted. But this one is just as good. It is seriously yummy. We had it at a Ward Relief Society Brunch. It was so good, I had to get the recipe. I made it on Saturday for my kids and it was a hit. Cam and kids tried the leftovers on Sunday and loved it, too. They also served a breakfast casserole that was yummy and I will be getting that recipe soon too.




The good thing about this one is that you don't have to make it the night before. Sometimes that's good, but sometimes, I forget to do stuff like that. I will still make the old one, too, because it's just as yummy--they are just different!




3 or 4 tubes refrigerator biscuits-just the small regular biscuits (3 or 4 depends on the size of your pan-there's enough sauce for either-I only used 3 tubes for my bunt pan)


3/4 cup sugar


3/4 cup additional sugar


1/3 cup brown sugar


1/4 cup evaporated milk


1 cup butter


1.5 cups chopped pecans or other nuts


2 tsp. cinnamon (optional-depending on what fruit if any you use)


optional fruit and jam (strawberries, blueberries, apples, raspberries, etc. etc. etc. even chocolate chips would be good)




1. Cut biscuits into quarters. Combine 3/4 cup white sugar with the cinnamon. Roll each biscuit quarter in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. (or just sugar--I left the cinnamon out of mine)


2. In a cake pan or baking dish (bunt pan is best), layer the biscuits and the pecans (and fruit and jam if you are adding this--I added a few handfuls of blueberries and blackberry jam-about half of a small jar, just in spoonfuls here and there).


3. In a saucepan, slowly bring milk, remaining 3/4 cup white sugar, brown sugar, and butter to a boil. Remove from heat. Pour over biscuits in the pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until it is cooked to your liking. Flip pan over onto a serving dish and serve right away! Voila!




I also think cream cheese, cubed and layered in would be yummy with the blueberries!

3 comments:

Jenae said...

Okay Amy, I love your familt blog! What a wonderful idea! I hope you gals don't mind if I use some of your yummy food ideas!

Marsha said...

I think this looks super! My list of things I want to make is growing so long!

Shawna said...

I am going to make this tomorrow! Yum it looks and sound delicious! Can't wait to try it! :) Thanks for having the boys over today! They had so much fun! Tanner wants me to make that ice cream for him!