Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Flour Sack Towels







After I finished the apron yesterday, I decided to make some of these cute towels that I got from the Brown Paper Packages blog. They were fun to make, easy, and turned out so cute. You just use scraps of material and cut a strip, press edges under like in the picture, and sew to the bottom of the towel. Add a ribbon or some ric rac to the bottom, or anywhere, and you're done.
I only got to make 3 of the 10 towels I bought. After the first three were done, my doorbell rang (it was the Census lady), the baby was fussing and ready to be fed, the house was TRASHED, and the other four were whining that they were hungry. Then the husband called and said he was on his way home from work. I figured I better save the other 7 for another day. Reluctantly I put the sewing away for later. I can't wait to get it out again and make the rest. These are so fun.

No comments: