Friday, January 23, 2009

Raisin Oatmeal

This may look like just your ordinary oatmeal. But it's not!!! My friend Marsha (a different Marsha than my sis) gave me this recipe. And if she can get all 7 of her kids to eat this, then I definitely needed this recipe. Warning: You may feel like you are eating an oatmeal cookie for breakfast! (But as Marsha says: "At least it's oatmeal, right?!")



Put in a microwave safe bowl:
1/4 C. softened butter
and 2 eggs, beaten
Add:
3 C. quick oats
1 tsp. salt
1 C. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 C. milk
and as many raisins as you want
Stir and cover with Saran Wrap. Cook in your microwave for 5 minutes. Stir. (It is hot, so be careful taking the saran wrap off). Cover again and cook for 4 more minutes. Serve in bowls with milk.
Even my one year old ate this. And he never eats his oatmeal.
And here's another variation for your oatmeal. This one's Camilee's. After you have cooked your oatmeal, like you normally do, and have your milk all stirred in, add small chopped fresh apples and chopped pecans. It is yummy. It gives it a sweet crispy, and crunchy nutty taste. I really like it.









No comments: