Monday, November 17, 2008

Barbie Cake


Here is Callie's BEAUTIFUL barbie cake. It's her birthday today!!!


I'm no professional, but this was easy! I baked it in a round glass bowl for as long as it said to bake a bundt cake on the cake mix box plus about 10 more minutes. It takes about half of the batter. The rest I made into cupcakes.


I got this barbie a few years ago at Walmart. It has a pointy stick thing instead of legs. I used canned strawberry frosting, I just put half in a bowl and put blue and a little red food coloring in it to make purple, then used the rest of the pink for the flowers.

4 comments:

Marsha said...

Do I dare let my girls see that cake? I'm sure that's what they'll want next year if I do. Good job -- it turned out nice.

Gina and Chris+ 4 said...

yours turned out much better than mine. One year that is what emily wanted but i didn't know they made dolls with no legs for this, so i used a real barbie and pulled off the legs. silly me, now i know. I love this blog.

Sheri Trimmer said...

Happy Birthday Callie! Cute idea. Makes me wish I had a girl, dangit!

Anonymous said...

Wow good job! That's enough to make me wish Trey was a girl so I could make one! I don't think it would be the right kind of effect with a GI Joe...