Thursday, August 6, 2009

Philly Cheesesteak

This recipe is one of our family favorites. Everyone cheers when I make this. It's even a hit with company. It's great with chips, pasta salad, etc. I've been making this for years. I got the recipe from a friend way long ago.

First, Make pizza dough, or buy refrigerated pizza dough. I use my mom's standard pizza dough recipe.
Then roll out, spread almost a pound of deli roast beef on top (sometimes I use ham, too, but we like roast beef best and somtimes I skimp to half a pound), Mozzarella cheese, onions and green bell peppers if you want.





Roll up the dough with the stuffings like it's a snake, or like you would for cinnamon rolls. Place on a buttered cookie sheet and baste with melted butter. Sprinkle generously with garlic salt, parmesan cheese and parsley flakes. You can even add sesame seeds, or whatever you want.
(I use whole wheat flour, that's why it's a little browner than you would think.)

Let the dough rise for about 45 minutes so it's a little fluffier.



Bake according to pizza dough instructions.


Slice up and enjoy! (The one below is ham)


Yummy Yummy Yummy Yummy Yummy Yummy Yummy . . . . . . Happy Family













1 comment:

Gina and Chris+ 4 said...

You can get fresh pizza dough for a dollar I think at safeway in there bakery section by the frozen ice cream cakes, just to let you know... I am going to try this one, it looks yummy!!!