Thursday, January 14, 2010

Spanish Rice (Aunt Jeanie style) and Baked Chicken Taquitos


The chicken taquitos come from My Kitchen Cafe. They are yummy. I've made them twice now. My kids love them and they are even good as leftovers. But as a side note, use a good brand of tortillas or they will crumble as you are rolling them. My mom and I started making them once with Great Value brand and she ended up making a quick run for Mi Casa's.


This Spanish Rice has always been a favorite of mine. My mom got the recipe from Aunt Jeanie a long time ago and now I make it occassionally, too. It's yummy.


The salsa is Jen's Award Winning Salsa. The guacamole is my mom's yummy yummy treat.


Aunt Jeanie’s Spanish Rice

In a 10 inch skillet cook 8 slices of bacon until crisp. Cook 1 onion (1 C.), chopped fine and ¼ C. bell pepper until tender, not brown, in drippings.
Add:
1 lb. crushed tomatoes
1 ½ c. water
¾ C. uncooked long grain rice
½ C. salsa
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. worchestershire sauce
dash pepper

Cover and simmer 35 to 40 minutes.

No comments: