Thursday, January 28, 2010

Apricot Chicken

I know many of you have Apricot Chicken recipes that you love.

I love this one. It takes less than 30 minutes to make, and when I get home from work that is the type of recipe I need. I got this out of the Taste of Home: Simple & Delicious Cookbook I got for my wedding. Enjoy!

Apricot Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. butter
1 can (15 oz) apricot halves
3 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 C. apricot preserves
2 TBSP white wine vinegar
4 green onions chopped (optional: Jereld doesn't like green onions...so we don't buy them at my house)

Hot cooked rice (optional)

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for turning occassionally until cooked through and the juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.

Drain apricots, reserving juice. Cut apricots into 1/2 in. slices; set aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Stir in preserves and vinegar until combined; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add apricots and chicken; heat through. Sprinkle with onions (if you want). Serve with rice if desired.


YUMMY!

Enjoy the picture:

No comments: