Saturday, December 19, 2009

Roast Chicken


I made this a little while ago and I was seriously impressed with myself!! It looked so pretty and tasted delicious. It really is quite easy to do. Katie called and asked me for the recipe tonight, so I thought I would post it on here.

Roast Chicken

1 (3.5-4) pound whole chicken
1 small yellow onion
1 lemon thinly sliced
1/2 cup celery leaves
Salt & Pepper
Softened Butter
1 small onion chopped
1 carrot chopped (I would definitely do more)

Wash chicken in hot water and dry thoroughly. Season cavity with salt and pepper and stuff with onion, lemon and celery leaves (I put celery in there as well). Rub chicken with softened butter and season all over with salt and pepper.

Roast for 15 minutes at 425, reduce heat to 350 and baste chicken and roast for another 15 minutes. Add chopped onions and carrots to pan, baste them and chicken again. Continue roasting for 45 minutes plus an addition 7 minutes per pound.

I made gravy out of the drippings the chicken made. It was super yummy.

No comments: